Karolína’s Christmas Potato Salad (Bramborový salát)
Not sure what to bring to your family holiday party? Try wowing everyone with some Bramborový salát. This is not your average potato salad, and we know you will be digging in for 2nds or even 3rds! With the help of her father, Karolína shares one of the Kurková household staples and a Czech tradition.
R E C I P E: Serves 4
I N G R E D I E N T S:
2 lbs of russet potatoes
4 hard boiled eggs
1 cup Mayonnaise (or to taste)
4 TBSP Mustard
¼ cup Bread & Butter pickles, chopped, or pickle relish
The jar of juice from the Bread & Butter pickles
½ white onion
Salt & pepper
(1) Peel potatoes, carrots, and parsnips and boil until soft. Once carrots and parsnips are cool, marinate in pickle juice for 30 minute (or overnight).
(2) Cube potatoes in large bowl with potato cuber.
(3) Hard boil the eggs, peel off & discard shells, and crumble in a separate bowl with a fork or potato masher tool.
(4) Dice the onion, carrots & parsnips in to small pieces.
(5) Dice the bread & butter pickles or use relish.
(6) Combine potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onion, eggs, and pickles in large bowl. Add additional pickle juice to taste.
(7) Add mustard, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to taste.
(8) Works best to leave overnight for flavor to soak in.
This potato salad tastes amazing with breaded chicken, called Řízek, sausage, vegetarian sausage and/or fish!
Enjoy cooking this Czech potato salad with your family and Happy Holidays from the Kurková Family!